Bagby Airfield is subject to strict planning conditions whcih follow on from its granting of planning after a long legal process.
The number of movements is very complex and constrained in a number of ways:
- There are different sets of restrictions for home based aircraft versus visiting aircraft, effectively home based aircraft have some greater flexibility of hours compared to visitors.
- All aircraft must have a CAA/EASA/FAA noise certifcate and this must be below certain thresholds. (Exemptions for older, former militray aircraft)
- There are different numbers allowed for fixed wing aircraft and helicopters.
- There are restrictions on 'circuit bashing' and 'touch and goes'
- There are limitations of the total numbers of aircraft per day, per week, per month and per year split by fixed wing aircraft and helicopters.
- There are further restrictions based on the day of the week and public holidays.
- Helicopters are further restricted at weekends and public holidays.
- Aware of the broad set of restrictions.
- Be aware that one or more of the above limits is about to be reached or has been reached.
- Ask permission from the designated airfield manager as to whether there arrival /departure is permitted.